Don’t let your furry friend feel left out when you’re entertaining! Make him a special treat of his own!
Makes about 18
Takes 30 mins + cooling
- 625ml oats
- 10ml baking powder
- 5ml bicarbonate of soda
- 430ml water
- 125ml carrot, grated
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 30ml all-natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two standard cupcake trays with 18 cupcake cases. Blitz together the oats, baking powder and bicarb until finely ground.
- Combine the remaining ingredients. Gradually add the oat mixture to the banana mixture until combined.
- Pour the batter into cupcake cases until three-quarters full and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and a testing skewer comes out clean. Cool.
Combine 250ml plain Greek yoghurt with 125ml all-natural peanut butter to spoon as icing onto the cakes.
Decorate with finely grated carrot.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTO: DYLAN SWART