It’s perhaps disconcerting to hear that according to InternetSlang.com, beyond YOLO – You Only Live Once for those NOT in the know, which is a lovely sentiment as long as it’s not the precursor to your child jumping off a bridge – there are a further documented 9 048 slang words, abbreviations and acronyms listed on their site. It’s indeed the go-to site to bookmark to consult whenever you have no idea what your tween/teen’s talking about…
10 most popular slang look-ups
- SMEXI – Smart and Sexy (Oi!)
- IMO – In My Opinion (used liberally we’re sure)
- :3 – Cute/goofy face
- KML – Killing Myself Laughing
- GOMB – Get Off My Back (We can hear it already, ‘GOMB Mom!’)
- KOTL – Kiss On The Lips (Hopefully not!)
- KOS – Kill On Sight (Is it just us or is netspeak often very aggressive?!)
- SIAP – Sorry If Already Posted (*Attention-seeker!)
- DELISH – Thankfully, still delicious!
- SIS – Thankfully, still sister!