Make sure your diet includes these natural stress-busters… Follow the links to amazing recipes that will help you cope with tension…
- FISH Salmon, herring, mackerel and tinned tuna are packed with omega-3 fats, which can lift your mood. Find some great fish recipes here.
- TOMATOES These are a major source of lycopene, a chemical that feeds the brain and helps it function at full capacity. Try this amazing recipe for tomato soup.
- PULSES Make sure you add peas, lentils and beans to your shopping list. They raise levels of serotonin – a happiness-inducing chemical. Try this stew and banish stress.
- POTATOES, BANANAS AND AVOCADOS These are high in potassium, which help nerve and muscle function, relieving tension.
- MEAT AND EGGS These contain tryptophan, which helps in the production of serotonin, a chemical in the brain that affects mood, sexual appetite and sleep.