Following a low-carb meal plan during the colder months is easier than you think…
These tips will help to keep you on track when cravings for comfort food sneak up:
- Hearty stews and soups made with meaty bones are good for your gut health and are so easy to make.
- Double up when making soup to make sure there’s enough for lunch the next day. Invest in tight-sealing thermos cups to send soup to school in lunchboxes.
- Serve stews with creamy pumpkin mash or spicy cauli-rice.
- Use vegetables like celeriac and turnips to thicken soups and stews the low-carb way. Celeriac, for example, contains only 9g carbohydrate per 100g.
- Include a healthy treat once in a while. Try our malva pudding for a special occasion or treat everyone to a delicious low-carb hot chocolate on cold nights.