Here’s how to achieve the perfect hair colour at home.
We all want gorgeous hair at an affordable price. The truth is, it’s easier to achieve than you think. Now days the wide range of good quality at-home hair colouring solutions means that you’ll be able to get that salon finish you’re after.
Must shades this season include rich reds, gorgeous deep browns and natural blonde tones.
Here’s 3 things to consider before you reach for the dye…
1. Look at your skin tone. Warm skin tones suit warmer colours like golden blonde and honey brown, while cool skin tones suit cooler colours such as ash blonde and black. Unsure about your skin tone? Look at a vein in your arm in natural light. If it appears green, then you have a warm tone, if it’s blue – you have a cool tone.
2. Consider your eye colour. Cool hair tones work well with brown and blue eyes. If your eyes are golden brown, green, turquoise or hazel you’ll look best with warm hair tones.
3. Asses your hair condition. It’s important that your hair is in good condition before you colour it, otherwise the colour won’t saturate properly. The colour might also look uneven or make your hair condition worse. There are also great at-home treatments to try before you colour!
Now that you’ve decided on your colour, here’s 4 more at-home colouring tips…
1. Conduct a skin allergy test 48 hours before dying your hair to ensure your skin will react well to it.
2. Buy more than one box of colour just in case you need it. You don’t want to be stuck with too little colour while you’re busy dying it.
3. Avoid staining your skin by dabbing a little Vaseline around your hairline and over your ears too.
4. For an even application, apply to your roots first, leave for 20 minutes, then apply to the mid-length and comb through.