Loss of quality sleep can lead to health problems like hypertension, heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
A bad night’s sleep can also lead to poor alertness, lack of attention, reduced concentration, memory recall and learning, and decreased productivity. With just 8 simple sleep remedies you could be on your way to a good nights rest!
- Have a fixed bedtime and waking up time.
- Avoid excessive alcohol and smoking at least four hours before bedtime.
- Avoid caffeine, some teas and cold drinks six hours before bedtime.
- Avoid heavy, spicy and sugary foods four hours before bedtime.
- Exercise regularly.
- Use a pressure-relieving quality mattress and pillow.
- Keep the room well ventilated and at a comfortable temperature.
- Block out all distracting noise and eliminate as much light as possible.