You may be set in a make-up routine, but did you know products are developed to be applied in a certain order? Read on as we share tips on how to apply your make-up in the correct order and how to maximise your morning routine by going by the book…
- After cleansing and removing any last trace of cleanser, apply your moisturiser and sunscreen. Wait for each to absorb fully before moving to the next step.
- Apply primer on any trouble areas: whether it’s over-enlarged pores, or areas of redness.
- Stipple concealer on under eye circles, blemishes or broken veins.
- Apply foundation to even out skin tone and blend in to areas where you have applied concealer. Check your face in good light to make sure you’ve applied it evenly.READ MORE: 3 SKINCARE MISTAKES YOU MIGHT BE MAKING
- Dust on a setting powder (optional).
- If needed, use an eyelid primer to prepare your lids for shadow.
- Apply your base eye shade (usually a nude shade), then move on to the inner corner shadow (usually the lightest of the colours in the palette), before applying slightly darker shade to the crease to create depth, and the darkest shade to the outer corners and lash line.
- Apply eyeliner, blending in to the shadow for a smoky effect if desired.
- If using, curl lashes with a lash curler and apply two coats of mascara.READ MORE: BOUGHT THE WRONG FOUNDATION? HERE’S HOW TO FIX IT
- Apply eyebrow pencil or powder.
- Outline lips using lip pencil in a shade to match your lipstick.
- Apply lipstick and gloss.
- If needed, apply concealer around the lip area to stop colour bleeding into the fine lines around your lips.
- Apply bronzer to areas of the face that would normally catch the sun (your upper forehead, and chin).
- Give a fake beauty queen smile and dust blusher onto the apples of your cheeks.
- Add highlighter to your brow bones, down the centre of your nose and the outer corners of the eye (the corner of the eye socket – this will lift the eyes and help you look more awake!).
READ MORE Bought the wrong foundation? How to fix it