As adults we tend to spend so much time thinking that we forget how great it feels to really connect to our bodies through movement – letting go as our intuition and physical strength come alive.
An easy way to do this and get super-fit at the same time is to try Nia.
What: The first and most advanced form of fusion fitness – the combining of classic movement forms, it encompasses the martial arts (Tai Chi, Tae Kwon Do, Aikido) the healing arts (Yoga, Alexander Technique, Feldenkrais) and dance (Jazz, Modern and Duncan Dance).
For: Everyone! For every level of fitness, age, and body type.
- Strengthens muscles, improves muscle tone, and increases muscle definition
- Calms the mind and relieve stress
- Improves endurance, concentration and cognitive function, posture, blood circulation and lymphatic drainage
- Increases grace and flexibility
- Alleviates emotional problems, including depression, anxiety, and stress
- Facilitates weight loss and proper weight maintenance
Where: Offered nationally. For a free try-out class worth R100 in Gauteng or Cape Town, print out this page and present it at a class. For more info and to find a class near you, visit Niasouthafrica.co.za and Niagp.co.za