As your daughter matures and becomes more interested in make-up and beauty, there are tips you can give her for her first make-up look!
- Explain beauty care to your daughter and give her advice on how to wash her face correctly and how many times she should be cleansing daily.
- Introduce her to the world of lip gloss and mascara, emphasising that it’s her natural beauty that’s the showstopper, and not the add-ons she’s using to enhance a look.
- Buy her a starter kit and explain the different elements contained inside.
- Once she has mastered mascara and lip gloss, allow her to experiment with a shimmery eyeshadow on special evening occasions.
- The end result should always be a natural look that highlights – not hides – a teen’s best features. For girls who love wild colours, experts advise you to encourage your teen to experiment with nail polish, not make-up.
READ MORE: SOME OF YOUR (EMBARRASSING) BEAUTY QUESTIONS ANSWERED