Whether you were born with thin hair, or notice your hair thinning as you get older, we have the top care and styling tips to help you…
For thin and fine hair
- Always blow-dry your hair upside down for volume, brushing your parting the opposite way to which it falls to create lift on top.
- Add a small blob of volumising mousse, but only at the roots. Any extra product on the length will weigh down your hair.
- Apply a weekly mask of coconut oil to the ends of your hair.
- Even if you’re planning to straighten your hair, blow-dry upside down, and don’t over-straighten the ends as this can leave your hair looking limp.
- Take a Biotin (vitamin B7) supplement for 3-6 months to strengthen hair follicles and minimise hair fall.
- Avoid cuts that involve layers and feathering your hair. Blunt cuts will give the impression of thicker hair.
- If you’re wearing your hair in a ponytail, slip two bobby pins underneath the elastic under the ponytail and point them downwards to give the illusion of a thicker ponytail.
- Spritz dry shampoo onto your roots to give your hair extra lift and grip.
- Shorter hair styles will allow you to create more lift than longer ones.
- Avoid very hot showers when shampooing your hair. This can make it even more fragile and prone to breakage.