Your most fashionable self.
The most stylish women in the world are consistent in what they wear – find your signature style and stick with it!
Grace Kelly’s white-glove look might be outdated, but her pulled-together, polished style resonates with today’s refined women. Floral, feminine and tailored pieces are her style.
These women prefer basics – the t-shirt, blazer, white shirt, suit and trousers – and look effortlessly chic in simple
Bell-bottoms might have given way to breezy gowns, but these free-spirited style setters love earthy, ethnic-inspired
It’s all about fun with fashion for these women. Bright colours, unusual pairings and loud patterns are part of the package!
Sexy is the mantra for these women, and picking pieces that show off a curvy, feminine
figure is the norm.
These sports stars are into action and functionality. Comfortable, easy-to-wear gear is their uniform and
sneakers are their game.
Sleek, simple shapes in a monochrome, toned-down palette keep these women looking sharp and smart.
New designers, avant-garde cuts and bold looks. This fashion forward group is not afraid to experiment.
How to discover the look that speaks to you:
- Find your style icon. Most people are more of a mix of styles: a little Sienna Miller with a bit of Kate Bosworth and a dash of Mary-Kate Olsen. To figure out who your main influencers are, start with a Pinterest search of ‘style icons’ and save the images you like. You’ll start to see a collection of people you can look to for inspiration.
- Put a name to it. Take a second look at your inspiration photos and focus on the outfits. Choose a few words to describe the feel of the looks. Are they feminine, flirty, modern, edgy, bohemian, or classic? Settle on the words that feel true to your style, and write them down for future reference, as they’ll help you clarify and define your look.
- Snap the goodies. You know those special days when you walk out the door feeling like your most stylish self? Snap a quick picture for future reference. These are the outfits that epitomise your true personal style, and should serve as inspiration for other outfits.
- Choose a signature piece. Audrey Hepburn had her cropped pants and ballet flats. All fashionable women own a signature item or two that become part of their style identity. Yours can be as simple as a personalised piece of jewellery or a leopard-print coat.
- Take note of repeat buys. Have a cupboard full of striped tees? There’s a reason there’s an excess of a certain item. You purchase them again and again because they make you happy and comfortable. If the item is flattering and works for your current style, there’s nothing wrong with repeating!
- Identify the odd piece out. Look at your closet and identify the pieces that don’t fit with the overall theme. Chances are, your odd piece out symbolises a style you like but aren’t fully comfortable with. If you’re trying to change your look or trying for something new, consider pieces that feel more like that aspirational item.
- Play to your strengths. Is there something people compliment you on? Whether it’s your toned back or your hourglass figure, wearing clothes that play up your best assets always looks stylish, no matter the
- Know yourself. Trust your instincts, and wear what makes you feel like the best version of yourself. You already have a sense of style, so embrace it, and refine it, don’t fight it.
FEATURE: SUZANNE SESINK CLEE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART