Motivate your kids with this easy-to-make backpack countdown.
Starting the week before school goes back, your little one can pull off a ring with an inspirational message written inside it. Print out messages, or handwrite them for a more personal touch.
- template for the backpack
- 2 pages of coloured paper stapler
- scissors or cutting knife
- coloured pencils or pens
- Cut out the backpack template around the trimmings.
- Carefully use the cutting knife or scissors to make a 6cm incision across the purple space case image.
- Measure and cut 3cm x 29cm strips from the coloured paper.
- Write fun inspirational messages on each strip of paper to motivate your child about the new term. Use different colours for each message.
- Take the first strip, slip it through the incision and staple the ends to make a circular shape.
- Repeat with the rest of the paper strips to create a chain.
Feature: Nolwazi Dhlamini