No baking is needed to make these healthy 5-ingredient nut bars – they’re low GI and gluten-free too.
- 50 mins + cooling
- Makes 12
- 60ml honey
- 60ml butter
- 250ml medjool dates, chopped
- 250ml unsalted mixed nuts
- 375ml oats
- Heat honey and butter on low until melted. Blitz dates until fine and stir through honey mixture until it forms
- Remove from heat and mix through the nuts and oats. Press into a 19cm square tin lined with baking paper until flat on top and well compressed. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Cut into 12 bars. Store in the fridge.
Lightly toast the nuts and oats in the oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes, stirring halfway until golden. Stir through 80ml cranberries.
Magazine issue date: February, 2019