End your meal with a bang with these extra pepperminty After-dinner Mints.
- 25 mins + setting
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 x 49g Peppermint Crisp, crushed
- 1 cup (250ml) icing sugar, sifted
- ½ tbsp (8ml) vegetable oil
- 5 tsp (25ml) milk
- 3 drops peppermint essence
- 1 drop green food colouring (optional)
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Spoon 3cm circles of the chocolate onto the prepared baking tray. Sprinkle mostly the green minty part of the Peppermint crisp over and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
- Mix the icing sugar with the oil and milk until a smooth, thick paste. Microwave for 2½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in the peppermint essence and food colouring. Set aside for 2 minutes to cool slightly. (If mixture is too thick, add 1 tablespoon milk).
- Sandwich two chocolate disks together with the peppermint mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Enjoy with brandy, Nachtmusik liqueur or espresso coffee.
You’ll find peppermint essence at good baking shops.