This simple Apple and Pineapple Sponge Pudding is quick to whip up and makes a delicious dessert!
- 1 hour 15 mins
- 3 eggs
- 375ml (1½ cups) sugar
- 180ml (¾ cup) milk
- 44g crushed pineapple in light syrup, drained (syrup reserved)
- 750ml (3 cups) self-raising flour
- 3ml (½ t) salt
- 385g tin sliced pie apples
- custard, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 24cm square ovenproof dish. Beat the eggs and sugar together until creamy. Mix the milk and pineapple through.
- Sift the flour and salt over and fold through. Pour into the prepared dish and top with the apples. Bake for about 1 hour until golden. Drizzle reserved pineapple syrup over as soon as it comes out of the oven. Serve with custard.
Magazine issue date: Aug, 2014