The Asian Grilled Fish is a healthier version of the traditional fish and it's delicious.
- 45 mins
For the basting sauce
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 15ml soya sauce
- 15ml apricot jam
- 45ml olive or avocado oil
- handful mint, chopped
- handful coriander, chopped
For the fish
- 2 red roman fish, cleaned and gutted
- 30ml sea salt flakes
- 5ml crushed chilli flakes
- 5ml paprika
- 1kg oven bake chips, baked
- For the basting sauce, combine all the ingredients.
- For the fish, season the fish and brush with the basting sauce. Spray a grid roster with cooking spray and place the fish on the roaster. Braai over medium coals for 30 minutes turning and basting frequently until cooked (see tip).
- Combine the salt, chilli and paprika in a bowl. Sprinkle over the chips. Serve the fish with the spicy chips and extra basting sauce.
The fish is cooked when the meat is firm and the flesh and eyes have become opaque.