An Asparagus Tart is heart-healthy and delicious. Try it!
- 40 mins
- 400g roll puff pastry
- 250g tub Mascarpone cheese
- 30ml (2T) Dijon mustard
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 16 asparagus tips
- handful watercress
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 35cm x 12cm fluted rectangular tin with a springform with the puff pastry. Cut away all the overhanging pastry.
- Mix the Mascarpone, mustard, zest and egg together. Fill the tart case with the mixture and bake for about 10-15 minutes until golden and puffed.
- Blanch the asparagus tips in salted boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain. Allow to cool slightly.
- Halve the asparagus tips lengthways and arrange on top of the tart in a neat row. Serve the tart slightly warm with ground black pepper and watercress.
Magazine issue date: October, 2015