Who needs a bun if you can have your burger fillings wrapped in avocado? These avo burgers are low carb and packed with creamy deliciousness.
- 40 mins
- ¼ cucumber, seeds removed
- 3ml ground cumin
- 125ml Greek yoghurt
- 400g beef mince
- 5ml ground coriander
- handful parsley, chopped
- avocado oil, for frying
- 6 Cheddar slices
- 6 avocados
- 6 small butter lettuce leaves
- 6 rashers crispy, streaky bacon
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- Grate the cucumber and squeeze out all moisture. Mix through the cumin and yoghurt. Season.
- Combine the mince, coriander and parsley. Season. Shape into 6 patties.
- Heat a thin layer of oil on medium-high and fry the patties for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked. Place on a baking tray and top with Cheddar. Bake under a hot grill until the cheese has melted.
- Cut the avocados in half through the width. Remove the pits and peel the skins. Trim the point so that it stands. Season. Fill the holes with the tzatziki.
- Top 3 halves with lettuce, patties, bacon, tomato, onion and the remaining avo halves (secure with skewers if necessary). Sprinkle with seeds.
Health fact: moisturise from the inside with the antioxidants, amino acids and essential oils packed in an avocado!
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
For kids, serve without lids.
Magazine issue date: November, 2018