This avocado ritz makes the perfect starter - top it with gold leaf to make it even more glitzy!
- Takes 20 mins
- red onion, finely chopped
- 100g cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- handful coriander, finely chopped
- 3 avocados, peeled, halved and stones removed
- lemon juice, to drizzle
- 125g salmon, cooked and flaked
- 100ml crème fraîche or sour cream
- handful rocket or baby herbs, to garnish
- For the salsa, combine the onion, tomatoes and coriander. Season.
- Drizzle each avocado half with the lemon juice. Fill each half with the salsa, top with the salmon and finish off with a dollop of crème fraîche. Garnish with leaves.
RECIPE: VICKIE DE BEER ASSISTED BY JULIA VAN MAARSEVEEN AND INGE BARTSCH PHOTOS: LEE SCHWAGELE
Magazine issue date: December, 2017