If you're looking for something different for breakfast, you should try these bacon breakfast bowls!
- 35 mins
- 30ml butter
- 10ml olive or avocado oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 6 eggs
- 12-14 pieces back bacon
- handful baby leaves
- roasted tomatoes, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 6-hole muffin tray with cooking spray. Line the muffin tray with the bacon pieces, ensuring they cover the base and sides.
- Heat the butter and oil in a small saucepan and gently fry the onion until soft. Increase the heat and add the mushrooms. Season and fry until golden. Set aside.
- Divide the mushroom mixture among the bacon. Break an egg into each bacon cup. Repeat with the rest.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the eggs are set. Sprinkle with baby leaves and serve with roasted tomatoes.
Magazine issue date: November, 2019