Spoil yourself with this decadent baked caramel cheesecake.
- 1 hr 30 mins + chilling
- 1½ x 300g packets Nuttikrust biscuits
- 125g butter, melted + extra
- 3 x 250g tubs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 310ml sour cream
- 125ml castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 360g tin Nestlé Caramel Treat, beaten
- Blitz the biscuits until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until combined.
- Grease a 24cm springform pan with extra melted butter. Press the biscuit mixture firmly over the base and 5cm up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Blitz the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and blitz until well combined. Pour into the biscuit base. Bake for about 1 hour 10 minutes or until the sides are just set with a wobbly centre. Turn oven off. Leave the cheesecake in the oven, with the door ajar, for 2 hours or until cooled.
- Spoon the caramel on top, cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to chill.
Magazine issue date: May, 2019