Try this baked chicken with butternut for a dinner that's rich with flavour.
- 40 mins
- 2 red onions, cut into thick wedges
- 500g butternut cubes
- 1 small garlic bulb, broken into cloves (skin left on)
- olive or avocado oil, for drizzling
- 8 mixed chicken portions, thighs and drumsticks
- 410g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes (on the vine if you prefer)
- handful thyme
- squeeze lemon juice, to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place the onions, butternut and garlic on a roasting tray. Drizzle with oil, season and bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat a splash of oil on high and fry the chicken for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden. Season.
- Add the chicken pieces, chickpeas, tomatoes and thyme to the tray. Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken and bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked.
Magazine issue date: March, 2018