These baked lemon puddings are simply delicious!
- 45 mins
- melted butter, for greasing
- 4 eggs, separated
- 15ml lemon rind, finely grated
- 160ml fresh lemon juice
- 330ml milk
- 250ml self-raising flour
- 250ml castor sugar
- icing sugar, to dust
- thick cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush 6 x 250ml ovenproof dishes with melted butter.
- Whisk the egg yolks, lemon rind, lemon juice, milk, flour and 160ml castor sugar together in a bowl until smooth and combined.
- Using an electric beater, beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Beat in the remaining castor sugar until the egg white turns thick and glossy.
- Fold half the egg white mixture into the lemon mixture. Fold in the remaining egg white mixture and divide among the prepared dishes.
- Place in a roasting pan and add enough boiling water to the pan to come halfway up the sides of the dishes. Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream.
Magazine issue date: July, 2019