Baked penne with roasted vegetables - getting the kids to eat their vegetables won't be hard with this dish.
- 1 hr 15 mins
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 4 baby marrows, sliced lengthways
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 350g penne pasta, cooked
- 100g Mozzarella, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup (60ml) cream
- 6 slices salami, cut into strips
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place all the vegetables and tomatoes on a large baking tray, add the thyme and drizzle with olive oil. Season well, toss, and bake for 30 minutes, until cooked.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted vegetables and pasta. Stir in the Mozzarella and cream, then pour into a large baking dish. Scatter with the sliced salami.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
FEATURE: LEILA SAFFARIAN FOOD ASSISTANT: NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: GRAEME WYLLIE
Substitute the salami with shaved, smoked ham, or leftover roast chicken.
Magazine issue date: May, 2012