These baked sweet potatoes with a sour cream and bacon filling are great when the weather’s cooler.
- 1 hr
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 30ml olive oil
- 250g streaky bacon
- 250ml sour cream
- handful chives, chopped
- handful parsley, chopped
- 125g Cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the potatoes in a roasting pan. Drizzle with 15ml of the oil. Roast for about
45 minutes or until tender.
- Place the bacon on a baking tray and roast for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Combine the sour cream, chives, parsley and cheese.
- Slice along the length of each potato. Leaving the base intact and a 1cm border, scoop out the flesh. Mash the flesh and combine with the sour cream mixture. Season.
- Spoon the mixture back into each potato. Roast for another 10 minutes or until melted. Top with the crispy bacon.
FEATURE: VICKIE DE BEER ASSISTED BY JULIA VAN MAARSEVEEN PHOTOS: LEE SCHWAGELE
Magazine issue date: May, 2017