Serve this banana caramel pudding as a dessert to end off a special meal.
- 40 mins + refrigeration
- 180ml sugar
- 125ml cake flour
- pinch salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 750ml milk
- 8ml vanilla essence
- 200g packet Marie biscuits
- 360g tin caramel treat
- 5 medium bananas, thinly sliced
- whipped cream, to serve
- Heat the sugar, flour, salt, egg yolks and milk on medium for about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Spread the biscuits with a thin layer of the caramel. Line the bottom of a 1.5L flat dish with a layer of biscuits.
- Top with a layer of banana slices and then a layer of custard; repeat layers, ending with a layer of custard. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Serve topped with cream.
Magazine issue date: April, 2016