If you like bangers and mash, this bangers and crushed potato tray bake will hit the spot – with the added bonus of less dishes.
- 45 mins
- 500g baby potatoes, halved
- 500g pork bangers, pricked with a fork
- 250ml hot chicken stock
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 15ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 rosemary sprig
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- handful basil
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Combine the potatoes, bangers and stock and spread out on a roasting tray. Season. Cover with foil and roast for about 25 minutes or until potatoes start to soften.
- Turn the mixture over, roughly crushing potatoes, and mix through oil, balsamic, onion, tomatoes, garlic and rosemary. Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes or until cooked. Serve with sweet chilli sauce and basil.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY ALFRED NQAYI PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: April, 2018