These bean burgers are healthy for your heart and full of flavour.
- 30 mins
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 175g mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, sesame and linseed)
- handful coriander, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 400g tin butterbeans, drained
- 150g baby marrow, grated
- 1 egg
- 100g wholewheat flour
- 5ml salt
- 30ml olive oil + extra
- grilled aubergines, roast tomatoes, sliced red onion and rocket, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Blitz the garlic, half of the seed mix, coriander, zest, butterbeans and baby marrow
until smooth. Add the egg, flour and salt. Combine until it comes together.
- Form the mixture into tennis-sized balls. Roll the balls into the remaining seed mixture. Flatten out to form
patties. Place the patties on an oven tray and drizzle with extra oil. Bake for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- Serve the patties with aubergines, tomatoes, onions and rocket.
FEATURE: VICKIE DE BEER ASSISTED BY JULIA VAN MAARSEVEEN PHOTOS: SALIE VAN HEERDEN
Magazine issue date: June, 2016