Fight colds the easy way with immune-boosting options like this beef, broccoli and cabbage stir-fry.
- 30 mins
- 45ml soy sauce
- 15ml honey
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm ginger, finely grated
- 1 chilli, sliced (optional)
- 5ml sesame oil (optional)
- olive or avocado oil, for frying
- 500g beef stir-fry strips
- 2 handfuls broccoli florets
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 500g shredded cabbage
- 200g cooked noodles
- handful mixed leaves (like bok choi, coriander and baby spinach)
- toasted sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Combine the soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, chilli and sesame oil.
- Heat a splash of oil in a wok on high and fry the beef until cooked. Season and set aside.
- Add another splash of oil and fry the broccoli, onion and cabbage in batches until just tender. Season.
- Mix through the beef, noodles, leaves and sauce. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: August, 2018