This biltong, feta and cucumber couscous is quick to make for weekday suppers and leftovers are great for lunchboxes. Replace the biltong with roast chicken or braaied boerewors, or leave out for a vegetarian option.
- 20 mins
- 250ml couscous
- 1 cucumber
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- handful dill, chopped
- 125ml feta, crumbled
- 100g Kalamata olives
- 100g biltong, thinly sliced
FOR THE DRESSING
- 125ml olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 10ml red pepper flakes
- Place the couscous in a heatproof bowl with a pinch of salt and pour over enough boiling water to just cover the grains. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes. Scrape with a fork.
- Use a vegetable peeler to cut the cucumber into ribbons. Mix through the onion, dill, feta and olives.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients. Season. Serve with the salad, couscous and biltong.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY ALFRED NQAYI PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: February, 2018