This haute couture twist on a classic South African braai favourite - using puff pastry instead of bread - is completely delicious!
- 35 mins
- 2 x 400g rolls puff pastry, thawed
- 250ml chutney
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 375ml Cheddar cheese, grated
- olive or avocado oil, for basting
- Lay the pastry out with the wide side in front of you and cut each into 4 rectangles. Spread the rectangles with chutney. Layer the bottom halves with onion, tomatoes and cheese. Season. Fold the top halves over to enclose the filling.
- Brush the pastry parcels with oil. Pack inside a clamp braai grid, leaving space in between. Cook over medium coals, turning frequently until golden and cooked.