Looking for a homemade gift to spoil Dad? These brandy and cola truffles will hit the spot.
- 50 mins + cooling
- Makes about 30
FOR THE TRUFFLES
300g dark chocolate, chopped
FOR THE COATING
300g dark chocolate
- For the truffles, heat the chocolate, butter and cola in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Stir in the brandy.
- Chill in the freezer for about 1 hour or until firm but mouldable. Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls
and chill in the fridge until firm.
- For the coating, heat the chocolate for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Cool to
- Dip the truffles, one by one, into the melted dark chocolate, shake off excess and place on a baking
paper lined tray. Repeat with the rest. Remelt dipping chocolate as necessary.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Save money by buying chocolate in bulk from baking stores.
Drizzle with 80g melted white chocolate.
- Instead of dipping the truffles in chocolate, spoon a teaspoon of chocolate into your hand and roll
the truffle in this to coat. This saves on chocolate (you’ll only need about 150g) and is easier to master.
- You can also coat truffles in finely chopped nuts, cocoa powder or desiccated coconut instead of chocolate.
- Replace the brandy and cola with cream, coffee or beer.
Click here for the full tutorial on how to: make world-class truffles.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Jun, 2018