Try this divine and cold Bread Soup for those hot summer days.
- 15 mins
- 100g sourdough bread, crust removed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 375ml ground almonds
- 875ml water
- 80ml sherry vinegar
- 80ml olive or avocado oil + extra
- 2 handfuls seedless green grapes, some sliced
- slivered almonds, to sprinkle (optional)
- Soak the bread in a bowl of water, drain, then squeeze to remove excess moisture. Blitz the bread, garlic, almonds and half of the water in a food processor until very smooth.
- Stir in the vinegar, oil and rest of the water. Season. Refrigerate for an hour until chilled or overnight.
- Ladle soup into bowls, drizzle with extra oil and scatter grapes and slivered almonds (if using) over.