This different option on ham and eggs will have the family looking for seconds.
- 45 mins
- 4 buns, tops cut off
- soft butter, to spread
- 80ml red pesto
- 4 large slices ham, like gypsy or cooked ham
- 45ml sour cream
- handful chives, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Scoop the bread out of the buns, leaving a 2cm thick lining. Spread the insides with butter and then pesto, and line with the ham.
- Mix the sour cream and chives together and divide between the buns.
Break an egg into each bun on top of the sour cream. Place on a baking tray with the tomatoes. Season.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Magazine issue date: May, 2017