This delicious Brinjal Parcels recipe is both low calorie and delicious - not to mention vegetarian!
- 45 mins
- 2 large brinjals, thinly sliced (2 – 3mm thick)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g mixed baby spinach, rocket and basil leaves
- 125ml wholewheat breadcrumbs
- 200g ricotta, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 125ml Pecorino cheese
- 80ml sun-dried tomato pesto
- 100g mozzarella, finely sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.Pack the brinjal slices out on a baking tray and bake until cooked and soft. Season.
- Sauté the onion, garlic and spinach mixture. Take off the heat and mix the breadcrumbs, ricotta, eggs and Pecorino through. Season.
- Add a heaped teaspoonful of the spinach and ricotta mixture to the middle of the brinjal slices. Top with half a teaspoon of sun-dried tomato pesto and roll up. Arrange the rolls in an oven proof serving dish and top with mozzarella slices. Bake until the mozzarella melts and turns light golden.