The best budget tacos to feed your family at the end of the month.
- 30 mins
- olive or avocado oil, to drizzle
- 400g beef mince
- 1½ red onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5ml paprika
- 2 carrots, grated
- 410g tin kidney beans, drained
- 4 tomatoes
- 250ml hot beef stock
- 6 slices white or brown bread
- handful coriander, chopped
- Heat a splash of oil on high and fry the mince and ⅔ of the onion for about 10 minutes or until
- Add the paprika, carrots, beans, 2 of the tomatoes and stock. Cover, bring to a boil and cook for
about 10 minutes or until saucy. Season.
- Roll the bread with a rolling pin until flat. Cut off the crusts and cut each into 4 triangles. Place on
a tray and drizzle with oil. Bake under a hot grill for about 3 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine the remaining onion, remaining tomatoes and coriander. Season. Serve with the mince and ‘tacos’
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: April, 2019