Try these bulletproof coffee pods in the morning - they will keep you fuller for longer!
- 0 mins
- Makes 2 ice trays full
- 180g grass-fed butter*
- 375ml coconut or MCT oil**
- 5T cacao powder
- 7.5ml vanilla essence
- Melt the coconut oil and butter in the microwave, stirring every 20-40 seconds.
- Once melted, stir in cacao powder and vanilla.
- Pour into moulds or ice cube trays and freeze.
- When making coffee, simply make in the normal way and add a frozen cube. Stir and, if desired, sweeten with xylitol.
*Grass-fed butter is butter made from the milk of cows that graze exclusively on grass. It’s higher in vitamins and linoleic acid, which has been shown to reduce body fat mass in humans. It’s also rich in a new vitamin called K2. This fat-soluble vitamin is created when cows eat lots of grass that then ferments in the stomach of the animal. The K1 in the grass is turned into K2, which studies have shown can help counteract the calcification of arteries.
Magazine issue date: December, 2016