These bunless burgers are delicious & simple for a Friday night! Add a little spice to your meal with the new limited-edition McCain Spicy Wedges.
- 30 mins
- 250g McCain Spicy Wedges + extra to serve
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g minced beef
- 5ml dry oregano
- cake flour, for dusting
- 45ml sunflower oil
- 4 slices Cheddar
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- handful baby leaves
- sour cream mixed with cayenne pepper, to serve
- Cook McCain Spicy Wedges in water until soft and cooked through. Blitz them in a food processor until smooth. (They must make 250ml)
- Combine the mash, onion, garlic, mince and oregano. Season. Using your hands, form mixture into patties. Dust with flour and shallow-fry in hot oil.
- Place on a baking tray, top the patties with Cheddar slices and grill until cheese has melted.
- Top with tomato, avocado, spring onions and baby leaves. Serve with sour cream mixed with cayenne pepper and the extra baked McCain Spicy Wedges.