These butterbean fishcakes are gluten-free and packed with flavour.
- 35 mins
FOR THE CREAMY SWEET POTATOES
- 500g sweet potatoes, cut into thin wedges (skin on)
- olive or avocado oil, for drizzling
- 125ml mayonnaise + extra
- 125ml plain yoghurt
- juice of 1 lemon + extra
FOR THE FISHCAKES
- 500g white fish, skin and bones removed
- 60ml gherkins, chopped
- handful dill, chopped + extra
- 400g tin butterbeans, drained
- 180ml gluten-free crackers, finely crushed
- olive or avocado oil, for frying
- For the creamy potatoes, preheat oven to 220°C. Place the sweet potatoes on a tray and drizzle with
oil. Roast for about 20 minutes, turning halfway until cooked.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the extra dill. Season. Mix through the hot potatoes.
- For the fishcakes, blitz together the fish, gherkins, dill and butterbeans. Season. Shape into 80ml patties.
Coat with the crackers.
- Heat a splash of oil on medium and cook the fishcakes, in batches, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with the creamy sweet potatoes, extra mayo and lemon.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: February, 2019