Get a taste of Italy with this hearty Butternut and Salami Pasta, prepared in just under 30 minutes.
- 30 mins
- 1kg butternut, peeled and grated
- 300g salami, diced
- 80ml capers
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 500g fettuccini pasta
- 45ml butter
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- handful sage
- squeeze of lemon juice, to taste
- 125g basil pesto
- Pecorino cheese shavings, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Sprinkle the butternut, salami and capers on the prepared tray. Drizzle with oil and season. Bake for about 12 minutes until just tender. Stir the mixture halfway through.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Heat 45ml olive oil and the butter on medium and cook the garlic and sage for about 1 minute until the sage is crisp. Add the pasta.
- Mix in the butternut mixture and lemon juice. Serve with dollops of pesto and Pecorino shavings.