These candied ginger cheesecakes look as sweet as they taste...
- 45 mins
- makes 6
- 100g ginger biscuits, crushed
- 50g butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING
- 60ml dark brown sugar
- 30ml water
- 125g cream cheese, softened
- 90ml cream
- 1 egg
- 45ml castor sugar
- 3ml ground ginger
- 60ml candied ginger in syrup, chopped, to serve
- Blitz the biscuits until fine crumbs form and mix through the butter. Press into the bases of 6 x 250ml
ovenproof jars. Place a tea towel in a deep baking dish and place the jars on top.
- Preheat oven to 150°C. For the filling, heat the brown sugar and water on medium-low and cook, stirring,
until the sugar has dissolved (do not boil). Cool.
- Beat the brown sugar syrup, cream cheese, cream, egg, castor sugar and ginger until just combined. Pour into the jars. Pour enough boiling water into the prepared dish to come halfway up the side of the jars.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until just set. Remove jars from the baking dish and cool at room temperature. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cold.
- Spoon the candied ginger and a little of the syrup over the cheesecakes to serve.
Note: The biscuit base becomes more of a sauce than a crust.
Magazine issue date: October, 2016