These Candy Crush Mint Cookies won't last long with your family and guests around!
- 1 hr 30 mins
- Makes about 18
FOR THE COOKIES
- 680ml (2¾ cups) cake flour
- 5ml (1t) baking soda
- 3ml (½t) baking powder
- pinch salt
- 250g butter, at room temperature
- 375ml (1½ cups) castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 5ml (1t) mint essence (optional)
- few drops green food colouring
- 300g After Eight Mint Chocolate Thins, crushed
FOR THE TOPPING
- 300g white chocolate, chopped
- 100g candy-striped mints, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking trays with baking paper. For the cookies, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together and set aside. Cream together the butter and sugar until light. Beat in the egg and mint essence. Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Add just enough food colouring to create a light-green colour. Gently fold in the chocolate. Shape into golf balls, flatten, and place on the prepared trays. Bake one tray at a time for about 15 minutes until just cooked. Leave to cool on the trays.
- For the topping, heat the chocolate in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Dip the cookies halfway in the chocolate and place on lined baking trays. Sprinkle with the candy before the chocolate sets. Set aside for about 30 minutes until the chocolate has set.
Note These cookies didn’t last long in our office. Click here to view on how they disappeared.
Magazine issue date: Dec, 2015