These cappuccino jellies are a coffee lover’s dream dessert and not too sweet either.
- 15 mins + setting
- 25ml granulated gelatine
- 25ml water
- 375ml hot strong brewed coffee
- 250ml milk
- 80-125ml sugar
- whipped cream, to serve
- Grease 12 x 60ml containers with cooking spray. Combine the gelatine and water and set aside to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Stir half the gelatine into the coffee until dissolved. Pour into the prepared containers.
- Heat the milk and sugar in the microwave for about 2 minutes until just below boiling point. Stir the remaining gelatine into the milk until dissolved. Blitz the milk mixture in a blender for about 1 minute or until it becomes a fluffy foam.
- Pour the milk onto the coffee (and spoon remaining froth on top). Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Turn out the jellies by pressing around the sides of the tins to loosen. Serve topped with cream.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: May, 2017