The Caprese Salad on a Stick is a quick salad made easy, perfect as a snack or starter.
- 20 mins
- 125g Mozzarella cheese
- 6 cocktail tomatoes, cut in half
- 12 basil leaves
FOR THE PESTO*
- 100g fresh basil leaves
- 60ml macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 60ml olive oil
- 60ml Parmesan cheese, grated
- For the pesto, process the basil, nuts, garlic and olive oil together in a food processor until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Slice the Mozzarella cheese into 12 triangles of 1cm thick. Dip each one in the pesto until well covered and set aside.
- Skewer half a tomato, 1 basil leaf and a Mozzarella triangle onto a small cocktail skewer. Repeat with 11 more sticks. Serve with extra pesto on the side.
Save time! Use store-bought pesto.
Magazine issue date: January, 2015