These caramel squares are easy to make and a treat young and old will enjoy.
- 15 mins + cooling
- Makes about 20
- 80g soft butter
- 500ml icing sugar, sifted
- ½ x 360g tin caramel treat
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 15ml espresso coffee
- 200g packet Marie biscuits, roughly crushed
- 85g slab Aero milk chocolate, chopped
- Line a 16cm x 20cm baking tray with baking paper. Beat together the butter and icing sugar until creamy. Add the caramel, vanilla and coffee.
- Fold in the biscuits and press into the prepared tray. Sprinkle over the chocolate and press in gently. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: December, 2018