Make these Caramelised Beetroot Tarts as appetisers or snacks to welcome guests at your party.
- 45 mins
- Makes 6
- 70g butter, melted
- 125ml (½ cup) golden syrup
- 200g small beetroot, peeled and sliced into rings
- 400g roll puff pastry, thawed
- handful rocket
- 100g goat’s cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat the butter on medium high and add the syrup and beetroot slices. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until just caramelised. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Cut out 6 x 9cm circles from the pastry. Lightly mark a line, 3cm in from the edge of each circle, taking care not to cut through the pastry. Lightly prick the inner circle using a fork.
- Brush with remaining butter and top with beetroot. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Top the tarts with rocket and goat’s cheese. Season and serve.
Magazine issue date: October, 2015