Warm up on a chilly day with this creamy Cauliflower Soup with Fennel Oil.
- 40 mins
- 1 cauliflower head (about 500g), cut into small florets
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 500ml vegetable stock + extra
- 250ml milk
- 5ml ground nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 125ml cream
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 15ml fennel seeds
- buttered toast, to serve
- Bring the cauliflower, onion, stock, milk, nutmeg and bay leaf to boil. Cook for about 25 minutes until the florets are completely soft. Stir occasionally.
- Blitz the soup until smooth. Add the cream. Thin the soup down with the extra stock as desired. Season.
- Heat the oil on medium and fry the fennel seeds for about 5 minutes until fragrant. Drizzle the fennel oil over the warm cauliflower soup and serve with buttered toast.
Magazine issue date: June, 2015