Serve these charred asparagus skewers with a sesame dressing as a delicious snack.
- 50 mins
- 16 asparagus spears
- 16 strips streaky bacon
FOR THE DRESSING
- 45ml olive or avocado oil
- 30ml red wine vinegar
- 5ml honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15ml soya sauce
- 30ml sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Soak 8 skewers in water for 15 minutes. Wrap a piece of bacon around each asparagus spear.
- Place 4 wrapped spears next to one another and skewer them crosswise with two skewers.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients.
- Grill the asparagus over hot coals or in a griddle pan for 4-5 minutes on each side, turning once.
- Drizzle the dressing over the warm asparagus and serve.
Magazine issue date: September, 2016