Packed with fresh flavours, this charred fish with mango salad is sure to be a favourite thinner dinner.
- 25 mins
FOR THE DRESSING
- juice of 2 limes
- 60ml fish sauce
- 30ml honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- handful dill, chopped
FOR THE SALAD
- olive or avocado oil, for frying
- 4 x 200g firm white fish fillets, without skin or bones
- 30ml Portuguese spice mix
- 1 cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- handful butter lettuce, torn
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- For the dressing, beat all the ingredients together.
- For the salad, heat a splash of oil on high. Coat the fish all over in the spice and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until charred and just cooked through.
- Combine the cucumber, lettuce, mango and half the dressing. Serve with the fish and remaining dressing.
- If you can’t find fresh mango, use 410g tinned.
- Make your own Portuguese spice mix by combining 15ml salt, 5ml garlic powder, 10ml paprika, 3ml ground
cumin and a pinch cayenne pepper, if you like it spicy.
RECIPES: MARGIE ELS-BURGER STYLING: NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: October, 2019