Beat the budget with this tasty cheat’s tapas that’s ready in 30 minutes.
- 30 mins
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- handful coriander, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 15ml olive or avocado oil + extra
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 120g tins sardines in oil
- 250g ready-made bread dough
- Combine the chickpeas, coriander, onion, tomatoes, oil and ½ of the lemon juice. Season.
- Heat an extra splash of oil on medium-high and fry the chilli, garlic and zest for 1 minute
or until fragrant. Stir through the sardines with remaining lemon juice until hot. Season.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls and roll each out until thin. Cook on a griddle pan on medium heat for about 1 minute on each side or until cooked. Repeat with the rest. Serve with the salad and sardines.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: October, 2018